Expected size: 50-100 people
– Convenient and reasonably priced international flight connections
– Inexpensive lodging for participants on small budgets
– The proposal should also consider the pandemic and include the possibility of online/hybrid presentations
– Projected date: January 2023
– Conference length of 4 days
– We encourage efforts to expand participation beyond the current wordnet community
– We encourage co-located tutorials, workshops, panels, hackathons, shared tasks and other events
– Local organizers are the main editors of the proceedings
– Proceedings must get an ISBN number and must be freely downloadable from the GWA website
– Proceedings should be registered in the ACL Anthology (Alexandre Rademaker will help with this).
– Aim to keep to 200 EUROs maximum for regular participants
– Reduced fee for students and participants from countries with little funding
– Fees include GWA membership to be transferred to GWA (see below)– Participants fees also cover:
– proceedings (electronic & ISBN)
– coffee breaks
– lunches (depending on local costs),
– Fees do not necessarily cover:
– local transport from hotel pick-up points to conference
– Optional additional fee to cover:
Costs to be borne by the local organizer:
– meeting rooms and equipment rental
– local support staff
Sponsorship: the organizer is encouraged to find sponsors
– Invited speaker(s) from the international community, to be selected by the organizers in consultation with the GWA board.
Note that the GWA membership (40 EURO full, 20 EURO student, 100 EURO non-profit institutional, 200 EURO profit corporate) is required for each registered participant. The membership fee is valid for two years. The membership fees need to be transferred to the GWA. The membership fee is necessary to maintain the association.
Board and the local organizers:
– Number of speakers determined by the availability of financial support.
– Local organizers may additionally invite and sponsor one or more local speakers, in consultation with the GWA Board.
– The GWA cannot contribute financially or assume any financial responsibility
– Financial responsibility rests entirely with the local organizer
– Early registration to reduce risk is encouraged
– Enforce policy of inclusion of papers in proceedings after early registration of at least one author
– GWA Board
– Chairs: German Rigau and Francis Bond
– The reviewing will include a best paper award
– Program Committee to be composed before Call for Papers
Please send your bids to German Rigau <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Francis Bond <email@example.com>